Thursday, July 11, 2013

Reasons 2B Cheerful 123

I'm joining Michelle from Mummy From The Heart this week in Reasons 2B Cheerful. When you've read this you can pop over and see some others.

Actually Michelle mentioned me in her Reasons 2B Cheerful post. Yes, I am a reason for the fabulous top blogger Mummy From The Heart to be cheerful. Well not just me, obviously. Those of you who know me personally might chuckle at the thought of me being described as a faith filled blogger but I suppose when you think about it (who thinks about it?), being Jewish is a big part of my identity even though I don't go around praying very much or doing good deeds.

Here are my reasons to be cheerful 123:

1. We had double the number of people at the Moonlight Movie tonight (Koala Kid) and DD and I lasted a full half hour. Last week we were outta there in 20 minutes. I may not have mentioned that as I was so filled with warm fuzzy feelings about the neighbours and the community spirit. And we did watch the end from the bedroom window.


2. A few weeks ago I wrote a post called: Jewish Women Covering Their Hair. I've just discovered a whole blog devoted to this subject: Wrapunzel. I feel like I attempted to re-invent the wheel and failed. These head coverings with gorgeous scarves are works of art. What? They made me cheerful, shoot me.


3. A friend passed on some gorgeous clothes that her daughters have grown out of. The prize item was a luxuriously soft purple bath robe. DD loves it. And we are thrilled with the other outfits aswell. Thank you Sarah, Miri, and Ruthie.




13 comments:

  1. I love these cheerful posts. Such a breath of fresh air to some of the ranting and morbid posts that always seem so popular these days.

    Great picture of DD - love the bath robe.
    CJ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you - it was fun to put together. The post I mean, not the bath robe.

      Delete
  2. I am so so pleased you have had such a lovely week and felt some community spirit.

    How fab with some clothes she looks fab in them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got some great clothes - there are a few more really nice things as well.

      Delete
    2. Nice clothes, enough to make anyone smile!!

      Delete
  3. Can't believe how grown up your DD is getting! Love the midnight mob=vie idea and Wrapunzel, clever!

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She stood next her friend today and I suddenly noticed that she was about 4 inches taller than the friend. And bus drivers are beginning to ask me if she's 5 already (you don't pay for under 5s).

      Delete
  4. What a fab name is Wrapunzel (and i loved that post of yours about the scarves too, just so different) Good to hear that the Midnight Movie is getting more popular too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting involved in the community is such an important part of expat life isn't it. DD looks lovely in her new clothes, she's such a smiler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Although part of the problem is that we are better with movies in English and all the movies they are showing are dubbed into Hebrew.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the tag! Love your blog (and really like this post!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm so glad you saw it and thrilled that you have commented. I will be following your creations from now on - even tough I'm not married so I don't cover my hair.

      Delete