Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I Could Get Used To This

Summer time so obviously here's another post about my feet. (This was last summer's post where I revealed my dirty little secret).

Last September two friends bought me a mani-pedi for my birthday, to be done within the year according to the voucher. It was a brilliant present for me as, although I love a bit of pampering, I would never buy it for myself. Well I would if I were rich but I'm not.

It's taken me almost 11 months to get round to it but I went today. It was fitting closure for the broken toe episode and I loved every minute of it. Jane, the beautician beauty technician beauty treatments lady, was great. What can be better than being pampered with such good company? Thanks Jane.

An added bonus to feeling all Grace Kelly is that when I met a friend for coffee afterwards I felt so elegant that I didn't even consider buying anything sweet to go with my coffee. Of course my friend trumped me by ordering tea with mint but I still felt virtuous.

Thank you Helen and Fiona. I could get used to this.





14 comments:

  1. Love the colour. What a thoughtful gift :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very thoughtful. Another thoughtful gift was from 6 friends who clubbed together to give me a generous amount to spend on Amazon.com. And other friends took me out for dinner. I was so happy to get gifts that I could really enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Stunning colour! Oh the bliss of having pedicures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the pedi is even more delightful than the mani. It feels so clean and refreshing somehow.

      Delete
  3. OOoooooh I am WELL overdue these - toes and fingers!
    I wore sandals today despite my pedicure being half grown out - oh the shame of it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - aspire to that level whereby it bothers me not to have perfectly pedicured feet.

      Delete
  4. I so agree with you about the clean and refreshing by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. my colour - love them - I need to get my manky feet doing I was ashamed today trying on shoes! Get them done once a year! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just before the sandals season - that's all you need.

      Delete
  6. I very rarely have something like this done..... but the pampering element looks fab! Mmmmmmm there is a beauty salon just around the corner from my home *taps fingers on table*. X.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article post.

    I wanted to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete