Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mummy I Want To Pray A Little Bit.

Sounds like I have a little Holy Child in my midst. Holy Cow sometimes but, like her mum, not overly spiritual. No, we have been having a tough time with our pl letter combination. "Prease Mummy," and "Crose the lid so it doesn't spill," are two more examples.

Today I spent a long time drilling, plllllllay, pllllllllease, and cllllllose. This resulted in the following exchange at bedtime:

"Pallease Mummy, don't callose my door, I want to pallay a little bit."

"Ok, if you play a little bit do you think you might fall asleep afterwards?"

"Pallobably."

(I'm linking this post to "The things they say and do" at Thinly Spread.)

18 comments:

  1. and she definitely meant pray and not pallay??? (play?).

    So cute.

    I read prayers to Aaron at bedtime so he can now be heard saying "baby Jesus" in a really cute way

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I think I can safely say that she meant 'play'. Even though we do whole lot of mumbling stuff on a Friday night, she doesn't have any concept that we are praying.

      Delete
  2. My son had various sounds he struggled with. Cl came out as W sound. Wimbing instead climbing. I found other C words he could prounce. I'd get him to say those then resay climbing and he got it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember the Monty Python sketch about Kings Bollege, Bambridge? Sorry to laugh but it's the first thing I thought of. - The guy who can't say his Cs is advised to change the C to a K (which he has no trouble with). "Oh I never thought of that," he says, "what a silly bunt."

      Delete
  3. That was really sweet! Little A pronounces musics ... munics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sweet you sort of don't want to correct them - but you know it won't be sweet when they're 18, so you do.

      Delete
  4. Ha! LOVE this! So many of these have now passed into our family vocab even though the children have long since stopped doing them! Thanks for linking this, it made me snort! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also have some vocab that might stay with us for life. Glad to have made you snort :).

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Too adorable, I didn't want to correct her. Thanks

      Delete
  6. Thanks Mich. We do actually pray for real but DD thinks we're just singing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pallobably would go down in our list of entire family word usage! I love it!

    ReplyDelete