Friday, January 21, 2011

The Lost Hours

When I first brought DD home from the hospital I read that a newborn baby sleeps for about 16 hours a day. That's perfect, I thought, I need about eight hours sleep so I'll have eight hours to do my stuff while she's asleep. I'm still not quite sure where those eight hours went.

I was reminded of this today as the following phenomenon occured. The nursery is open for five hours on a Friday morning; 7.30am until 12.30pm. I had to teach one English class lasting an hour and a half. The location of the class is one short bus ride away. So how come I dropped DD off at the nursery, went straight to my class, and then came directly back to the nusery to pick DD up? I swear I did nothing else this morning.

My life is full of these lost hours. It probably always was but I never noticed until every spare moment became so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment